Register for alerts
To receive an email alerting you to when this website has been updated register your email address at: email@example.com
GCEB News achive
Community Safety & Environment,
4th Floor, The Woolwich Centre,
35 Wellington Street, Woolwich,
London SE18 6HQ
Telephone: 020 8921 8388
2 June 2012
Do you know about the Support Through Early Intervention Panel?
The Support Through Early Intervention Panel (STEIP) is a multi-agency panel, lead by the local authority, to address the problems caused by groups of young people engaged in anti-social behaviour.
The STEIP consists of representatives from the Police, a range of Council departments (Housing, Safer Communities, Anti-Social Behaviour, Targeted Youth Support Service etc), Registered Social Landlords, intervention providers and relevant parties who can provide support to address groups of young people causing nuisance, and divert them to a place or activity where they can be safe and not cause disruption to others. The multi-agency nature of this panel means that expertise, resources and problems can be shared and tackled efficiently and effectively.
If you know of a group (or groups!) of young people causing a nuisance or putting themselves at risk by their behaviour refer them to STEIP, the process is simple!
1) Contact your local Safer Neighbourhood Team or Housing Officer regarding the problem.
2) Work with these Officers to complete the referral form, including as much information as possible (they all have copies of the form). The more details you provide the swifter effective action can be taken.
3) Your Officer (Housing, Police etc) will present the referral at the STEIP meeting for consideration. The panel meets bi-weekly on a Monday morning.
4) If the referral is deemed suitable for STEIP then work will commence with the group as soon as resources become available. Sometimes it might not be obvious to you that work is being carried out as sometimes cases need detailed investigation before an intervention, so if you are concerned then please contact your Officer for an update.
5) Breath a sigh of relief as the group ceases to cause a nuisance and start to engage in positive activities.
If you have any questions about the STEIP or making referrals please do not hesitate to contact me.
Safer Communities Team
Royal Borough of Greenwich
The Woolwich Centre, 35 Wellington Street, London SE18 6HQ
Secure email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 020 8921 8388